The Tiller Ranger District will be beginning slash pile burning on Monday, Oct. 23.
This type of burning will continue intermittently through the rest of the year.
Our first units planned for next week (Oct. 23-26) include those in the Leavito timber sale in the Beaver Creek drainage, east of Tiller.
If you are headed into the woods next week, you might explore a different area to avoid the possible smoke and fire traffic.
- Slash burns planned near Tiller
- Slash piles to be burned in Coos County
- Calling emergency services maybe affected in Milo/Tiller due to power outage
- Umpqua National Forest crews fighting roughly 25 fires in Tiller area
- Oregon man accused of slashing another man in face, neck
- Eugene police investigate after tires slashed on PeaceHealth bikes
- Coos Bay plans burn to learn training drill
- Oregon plans meetings on proposed controlled burn rules
- Trailer burns, explodes in Marcola
- Fire burns deck of Lebanon home