North Bend, Ore. - The Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board owns and manages timber land within the Pony Creek Watershed.
After a unit is logged, there is leftover wood residue and slash.
It is a recommended practice to use burning to dispose of this material to abate fire hazards.
The Water Board is planning on burning Tuesday, October 24, 2017. As a result, smoke in and around the watershed may be observed.
Any questions can be directed to the Coos Bay-North Bend Water Board at (541) 267-3128 ext. 232.
- Slash piles to be burned in Coos County
- Slash burns planned near Tiller
- Coos Bay plans burn to learn training drill
- Police investigating Coos County inmate's death
- One person killed in Coos County crash
- Coos County deputies search for burglary suspects
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Coos County K-9s win national grant competition
- Witnesses speak out after alleged slashing
- Police identify man arrested in slashing