Sutherlin, Ore. - Sutherlin high school in Douglas County will be honored for its commitment to promote inclusion in the classroom.
It’s one of only 38 schools nationwide to receive Special Olympics Unified Champion School award. It's happening at today's school assembly.
The recognition is for the schools efforts to provide inclusive sports and activities for students with and without disabilities.
- Sutherlin High School receives award
- Winter storm damages Sutherlin high school gymnasium
- Sutherlin Police receive speed enforcement grant
- Sutherlin High School is honored by Special Olympics Oregon
- Sutherlin holding community forum on school bond
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Sutherlin School District shifting grade levels next school year
- Sutherlin credit union robbed Friday night
- Students surprise Sutherlin Police with handmade card
- Sutherlin man arrested in child prostitution sting