EUGENE, Ore. -- The campaign to rebuild Civic Stadium has reached 50 percent of its financial goal.
Lawmakers approved $6 million in lottery bond-backed funds towards the project in July. The money will be used for infrastructure and utilities while private donations will be used to rebuild the stadium and soccer field.
The total cost of the project is estimated at $35 million.
The Eugene Civic Alliance has been working with lawmakers to build support for rebuilding Civic Stadium after it burned down in 2015.
- Civic Alliance reaches half its financial goal
- Civic Alliance breaks ground on Civic Park
- Eugene Civic Alliance raising money for Civic Park this holiday season
- Oregon unlikely to reach recycling goal
- Civic Park groundbreaking set for October
- Junction City School District investigating 'Straight Alliance' Instagram account
- Community members break ground on Civic Park Sunday
- Former financial adviser pleads guilty to fraud
- Karate teacher reaches a milestone
- Emergency Family Shelter in Corvallis reopens after financial recovery