EUGENE, Ore. -- Police said the suspect in a stolen vehicle case ran from officers, forcing two schools to be placed on lockdown.
Officers with the Eugene Police Department said Michael Stuart Fancher, 26, was spotted at the intersection of Potter Street and Amazon Drive just before noon.
Police said Fancher ran off but a K9 officer found him inside a home on 41st Avenue. He was arrested on charges of eluding by foot and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
As a precaution, Ridgeline Montessori and Charlemagne Elementary were placed on lockdown.
- Police chase in south Eugene forces two schools on lockdown
- Gun arrest forces South Eugene High School into Lockout
- Multiple fires inside South Eugene High School force evacuation
- Police: Man sends threatening messages to Walmart employee, forcing lockdown
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Driver arrested after police chase in Eugene
- Eugene police seek suspect in shooting that put Monroe Middle School on lockdown
- Junction City police chief defends actions after school lockdown criticism
- Eugene police search for Chase Bank robbery suspect
- Driver arrested after police chase through Eugene and Springfield