SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Two people are being treated for minor injuries in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 126 near Interstate 5.
The westbound lanes were completely blocked and remained shut down for the following four hours.
Investigators believed the two drivers involved are dating. They initially believed a dispute between the pair took place before the crash but didn't find any evidence of a dispute.
They were traveling westbound when Genevieve Daley, 41, lost control of her car and hit the center divider.
As her vehicle was spinning, she was hit in the side by William Grace, 45, in the side by his vehicle.
Grace and Daley were transported to Riverbend Hospital and are being kept for observations due to the severity of the impact.
The couple were charged with DUII and Reckless Driving.
- Couple faces charges after crash on Highway 126
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash
- Crashes cause delays on Highway 126 in Springfield
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3
- Police identify driver killed in Highway 126 crash west of Walterville
- One killed, four injured in crash on Highway 126 near Fern Ridge