EUGENE, Ore. – Community members got a look at the new multi-million dollar addition to the university of Oregon.
President Michael Schill revealed the design for the Knight Campus for Accelerated Scientific Impact on Friday afternoon.
The primary focus is on science research and education.
Schill said the campus will help faculty have an impact on the world by teaming up with new scientists.
“What our faculty want is that they're coming up with these great ideas these great discoveries but we want to make sure they hit the market,” said Schill. “We want to make sure they benefit people and the work that is going to go on on the knight campus, in the building we unveiled today is going to make that happen,” said Schill.
The total cost of the project is one billion dollars. The Knights pledged half. The first phase will cost $225 million.
Inside there will be new labs, faculty, and a cafe for students and the community to enjoy.
- UO unveils designs for new multi-million dollar Knight Campus
- OSU receives multi-million dollar donation
- Groundbreaking for Phil and Penny Knight Campus
- UO students concerned after shooting near campus
- UO students unveil renewable energy plan
- Design changes unveiled for Hayward Field
- UPDATE: Police investigate bomb threat on UO campus
- Shot fired at apartment complex near UO campus
- UO student mugged near campus, says two men punched him
- UO sororities taking extra precautions walking near campus