EUGENE, Or. -- New Country 93 listeners had a chance to 'dash for cash' Saturday.
The children's play area at Valley River Center was filled with $93,000 in New Country's currency. Jon Zwemke was the only one out of the 60 qualified listeners who had a chance to cash in on the opportunity.
"Never in a million years expected to be drawn," he said. "There was a participant here who had over-sized sweatpants and he loaned them to me, super generous individual."
Zwemke walked away with 5,519 dollars. All 60 listeners were given 100 dollars and a pair of three day passes to the Oregon Jamboree.
- New Country 93 listeners 'Dash for Cash'
- Duck Dash and Eugene 5K held at Autzen Stadium Saturday
- 1st annual Dirty Dash fundraiser held at Prairie Mountain School
- 4J holds listening session for the public
- Local companies make extra cash plowing snow
- Nonprofits recycle green trees into green cash
- Is Amazon's Alexa listening to your private conversations?
- Bethel schools to hold listening sessions over homeless house
- Oregon's attorney general plans hate crime listening session in Eugene
- 4J superintendent holds listening session with teachers and parents