EUGENE, Ore. - A bicyclist is fighting for their life in the hospital after they were hit by a car Saturday night.
Eugene Police received a call for a vehicle v. bicyclist crash around 7:46 p.m. on 7th Avenue and Van Buren Street.
Investigators say a Saab was traveling east on 7th Avenue when the driver hit a bicyclist head-on who was crossing at an uncontrolled intersection.
When medics arrived, they provided medical aid to the bicyclist who had life-threatening injuries before they were transported to the hospital for treatment.
The driver of the Saab was not injured.
Police have not released the names of the individuals or the cause of the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
EPD reminds pedestrians and bicyclists to wear brighter clothing, have proper lighting on bikes, and be cautious when crossing at an uncontrolled intersection, especially at night. They also caution drivers to be extra vigilant at night and watch out for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Bicyclist sustains life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- Bicyclist hit by pickup suffers life-threatening injuries
- Pedestrian hit in crash, suffered life-threatening injuries
- Salem bicyclist dies after car crash
- Portland officer hit with pipe sustained fractured skull
- Program teaches sustainable landscaping practices
- Bicyclist hospitalized after being hit by SUV in Springfield
- Pedestrian hit by car on I-105 hospitalized with serious injuries
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries after being assaulted at nail salon
- Bicyclist recovering after riding into driver's path