LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- There are 26 properties up for auction on Friday at the annual Lane County Property Auction.
Some of the properties are empty lots, and others still have some form of structure.
KEZI 9 News got an inside look into one of the properties up for auction, a home that was severely damaged by a fire a few years back and has since been foreclosed.
Although the house itself is a little worse for the wear, it's not so much about the house as it is about the land.
Homes with this much damage will typically be demolished and the land will be rebuilt upon.
"Every year, the county get's x amount of properties, you know, it varies from year to year on how many are deeded to the county because the redemption period is in for when they have to pay their taxes," Jeff Turk said, the Property Management Officer for Lane County.
All the properties up for auction were acquired by the city through tax foreclosures.
The auction is scheduled to take place on Friday, November 3rd at Harris Hall in Eugene.
- Twenty-six properties available at the Lane County Property Auction
- Two properties sold during Lane County auction
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- Lane County property tax statements available online
- Fire scorches Eugene property
- Woman says squatters at Lane County property costing her thousands
- Twenty years later: Community remembers Thurston tragedy
- Downed tree damages historic property
- Community steps up to help hundreds of cats on Lane County property
- Rescuers get permission to help 400 cats at Lane County property