UPDATE: Springfield teacher, Jennifer Crouch, is on administrative leave following arrest on Friday night, according to school district spokesperson Jenna McCulley.
According to McCulley, her leave is paid.
She said Crouch has been with the Springfield School District since 2013.
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – Police arrested a middle school teacher for reportedly driving under the influence of intoxicants and cocaine charges, according to Springfield Police.
Officers initially responded to a report of several intoxicated and disorderly people inside the Cinemark 17 Theatre at the Shoppes at Gateway on Friday night.
When they arrived, they escorted the group from the business and reportedly warned them not to drive.
Police said despite the warning Jennifer Crouch, a teacher at Briggs Middle School, still drove off and was later stopped.
Crouch was charged with DUII and possession of cocaine. Officers believe she was also in possession of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), but they are waiting on test results for confirmation. Officials say if the test comes back positive she will face an additional charge.
She was booked into the Lane County Jail.
- UPDATE: Springfield Teacher Arrested for DUII
- Taxi driver arrested for DUII
- Former Springfield teacher accused of rape
- Springfield Public Schools starts recruiting teachers
- Firefighter arrested for DUII after four-vehicle crash near Veneta
- Former UO basketball player facing DUII charges
- Redmond DUII driver crashes into canal
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Springfield principal
- UPDATE: Rider identified in Springfield motorcycle crash
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce surprises middle school teacher