Photo Gallery 3 Images
COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- The chairman of the South Lane School District board confirmed with KEZI 9 News that the board is seeking legal advice regarding the controversy involving Superintendent Krista Parent.
KEZI 9 News previously reported that members of the teachers' union expressed concern Parent possibly wrote an anonymous letter to the board that slammed a district employee while praising Parent.
The union asked that Parent be put on administrative leave while the district investigated.
Board Chair Alan Baas issued a statement saying in part:
"We have been in touch with the Oregon School Board Association and are following the advice of legal counsel."
- South Lane School District seeks legal advice in controversial case
- South Lane School District plans on replacing 20 school buses
- Local technology experts offer advice after Roseburg School District ransomware attack
- Lane Transit District launches Transit Tomorrow
- Lane County Fair seeks to reduce waste
- Southeast Eugene land development sparks controversy in Lane County
- Krista Parent ousted as South Lane superintendent
- South Umpqua School District starts Lunchbox Express program
- Voters pass three Lane County fire district measures
- Lane Transit District fall schedule changes start this weekend