CRESWELL, Ore. – The guardian of a 7-year-old girl with special needs is suing the Creswell School District over a classroom aide accused of sexually abusing the child.
The lawsuit claims James Warren sexually abused the girl multiple times when she was a kindergartener at Creslane Elementary School.
Court documents claim this happened during the winter of 2016 in the bathroom of the life skills classroom, and other adults in the room should have seen Warren going into the bathroom with the girl.
The lawsuit accuses the school district of not investigating Warren or taking the appropriate action when they were told about his suspicious behavior.
Creswell School District Superintendent Todd Hamilton said they have not yet received a copy of the lawsuit and don’t generally comment on pending litigation.
The suit is seeking more than $1 million.
Warren was arrested in July 2017. He has been charged with five counts of sex abuse, unlawful sexual penetration, sodomy and rape, and has pleaded not guilty.
His trial is scheduled for April.
- Creswell School District sued over sex abuse allegations
- Springfield Public Schools sued over alleged A3 sexual abuse
- Creswell fire damages offices
- Creswell fire leaves 3 homeless
- Flames tear through Creswell barn
- Blitzing the Preseason: Creswell Bulldogs
- Man wanted for alleged sex abuse at Eugene mall
- Cottage Grove teacher arrested for alleged sex abuse of student
- Victim in A3 sex abuse case intends to sue Springfield School District
- Creswell High School Principal and Assistant Principal Resign