EUGENE, Ore. - Police said a 17-year-old girl died after a single car crash Saturday morning in Eugene.
The crash happened at 8:01 A.M. on Chambers between 2nd and 5th Ave.
Police said the teen was driving over the River Road connector when she crossed the center line, hit a tree, and was then thrown from the vehicle.
Officers said the teen was the only person in the car.
Police said she was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, where she later died from her injuries.
Officers said they are still investigating the crash, but said speed appears to be a factor. They said it's unknown at this time if drugs or alcohol were also factors.
Officers are not yet releasing the teen's name to allow the family time to notify other relatives and close friends.
The crash forced the northbound lanes of Chambers to closed from 8:05 a.m. until 12:45 p.m.
- Single car crash in Eugene leaves a 17-year-old girl dead
- 17-year-old suspect in Eugene shooting identified, charged as adult
- 17-year-old convicted of sexually assaulting 2 girls
- Eugene councilors discuss adding fee to single-use items
- Eugene City Council considering single-use plastics ordinance
- Eugene City Council holds public hearing on single-use plastics
- Eugene City Council passes single-use plastics ordinance
- 2 dead in southwest Eugene
- Fatal crash in Tangent leaves one local woman dead
- One person dead in single-vehicle crash; police looking for suspect