Photo Gallery 2 Images
JUNCTION CITY, Ore – A Junction City couple told KEZI 9 News a driver sped through their front yard on April 12 around 8 p.m. This happened at their home on Hayes Ln., just off of River Rd.
According to homeowner, Michelle Crowson, the driver veered out of the lane on River Rd. and plowed through her yard taking out several trees and two fences. The car left tire marks across the grass. "We heard this loud, almost sounded like a bomb went off and my husband yelled for me just as he got up out of his chair, he saw the car hitting the trees in the yard sideways,” said Crowson.
Crowson also said that the driver never stopped and instead was able to get back onto River Rd. and drove away. She said she did contact the Lane County Sheriff’s Office who came to the residence that night to investigate and to search for the driver.
Crowson said her daughter created a post on their neighborhood watch page about the incident and they found the car parked outside a home in Junction City, thanks to the help of their neighbors. Crowson said law enforcement did track down the driver. KEZI 9 News is currently working to confirm that information.
KEZI 9 News contacted the Lane County Sheriff’s Office to determine more information about the driver, including if any arrest was made, and if the driver was under the influence of intoxicants, but have not heard back as of yet.
- Local couple says a driver destroyed their yard and sped off
- Yard fire spreads to Eugene home
- Couple pranks package thieves
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Black bear spotted in yard of Eugene home
- Vandals destroy parking area at Mt. Pisgah
- Fire destroys vacant house in Newport