ROSEBURG, Ore. -- There was a bit of a mess Thursday morning on I-5 in Roseburg during the morning commute.
A logging truck lost its load around 7 a.m. at the Harvard Avenue on-ramp.
Crews said the driver lost an air line on his trailer and his brakes locked up. That caused his wheels to lock up and his trailer to detach from his truck.
A member of another logging crew that was called out to help clean it up said something like this rarely happens.
“It’s just kind of a freak thing. Sometimes you just get going down the road and you run something over and it comes up and hits your lines and it happens,” said Keegan Cooper with Mark Jones Trucking. “It’s just kind of ... it’s a rare thing to happen anymore, but it does happen, you know? And it’s just one of those freak accidents that happens. Luckily, he kept it good and under control and didn’t have any problems.”
It took crews about two hours to clean up the mess.
- Detached logging trailer causes traffic delays in Roseburg
- Log truck spills timber on Harvard Avenue in Roseburg
- Turf work delayed at Roseburg High School
- Roseburg construction projects expected to cause traffic delays for 4 months
- Rollover crash on Beltline causes traffic delays
- Springfield man dies in logging accident
- Electronic logging devices hold truckers accountable
- Man killed in Douglas County logging accident
- Coos Bay man dies in logging accident
- Semi-truck hits concrete divider causing traffic delays