SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- Authorities say a junior camp counselor drowned in a pond near Silverton.
The Marion County Sheriff's Office says deputies arrived Wednesday night to find lifeguards and camp counselors searching the pond for 14-year-old Naomi Rudolph of Keizer. Her body was pulled from the water a short time later.
Lt. Chris Baldridge says Rudolph had been working at Canyonview Camp and was swimming in her free time. He says Rudolph called for help when she began to struggle, but went under before lifeguards could reach her.
- Junior camp counselor drowns in pond near Silverton
- Silverton teen shot and killed by deputies following carjacking and chase
- Young boy drowns in Corvallis
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Oregon counselor, son accused of abusing foster children
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Fern Ridge drowning victim's fiancee speaks out
- Veneta teen heads to Junior National Finals Rodeo
- Wyoming man drowns in Oregon canoe accident; daughter hurt