EUGENE, Ore. – As of Sunday, April 5, the Eugene School District 4J reported serving 55,000 free meals since schools closed because of the coronavirus and they also announced additional free meal sites.
The school district said they doubled the locations where families can pick up free breakfast and lunch and they will be open Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
There is no income check or need to qualify for these free meals and students do not need to be present.
The district asks that families practice social distancing at all times when picking up meals.
Full list of locations:
- Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 W. 22nd Ave.
- Chávez Elementary School, 1510 W. 14th Ave.
- Kennedy Middle School, 2200 Bailey Hill Rd.
- McCornack Elementary School, 1968 Brittany St.
- Acorn Park (12:15–1 p.m.), corner of Buck Street and W. 15th Ave.
North Eugene Region
- Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr.
- Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave.
- North Eugene High School, 200 Silver Ln.
- Gilham Elementary School (only Monday, Wednesday and Friday 12–1 p.m.), 3307 Honeywood St.
- Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St.
- Sheldon High School, 2455 Willakenzie Rd.
South Eugene Region
- South Eugene High School, 400 E. 19th Ave. (back of building, by the cafeteria)
- ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (behind the district office)
- Mims House, 330 High St.