EUGENE, Ore. – Students in Eugene School District 4J and all youth age 18 and younger can pick up free meal boxes for spring break today.
The boxes are available at 10 schools between 10:45 a.m. and 2 p.m. while supplies last.
District officials say the boxes include ingredients for a week’s worth of breakfasts, lunches and dinners, including fruit, vegetables, sandwich and quesadilla fixings, locally made hummus and house-made blueberry bread. Vegetarian, no gluten and soy milk options are available.
Below are the participating locations:
- Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 W. 22nd Ave.
- Cal Young Middle School, 2555 Gilham Road
- ECCO (behind the district office), 200 N. Monroe St.
- Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St.
- Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave.
- Madison Middle School, 875 Wilkes Drive
- McCornack Elementary School, 1968 Brittany St.
- River Road/El Camino del Río Elementary School, 120 W. Hilliard Lane
- Roosevelt Middle School, 500 E. 24th Ave.
- Spencer Butte Middle School, 500 E. 43rd Ave.
Families who are already signed up and getting meals delivered will receive a meal box with their delivery on Friday.
After spring break, the district will shift to providing weekly boxes of youth meals by delivery only. Daily meal pickup locations will not reopen after spring break to allow kitchen staff to provide on-site students with daily meal service.