EUGENE, Ore. -- Gus Balderas, the amiable yet effective leader of Eugene's 4J school district, was named the top superintendent in the United States.
Balderas was one of three finalists at the national conference on education, held this year in San Diego
Balderas is the district's 23rd superintendent, taking the reins in 2015. He also serves on the Oregon State Board of Education.
He holds a doctoral degree in educational leadership from the University of Oregon.
- 4J's Balderas named superintendent of the year
- Parents meet with 4J superintendent over bagels and coffee
- 4J superintendent holds listening session with teachers and parents
- 4J seeks input on SEHS mascot name, The Axemen
- Eugene 4J rally welcomes staff to new school year
- 5 MORE YEARS: Voters renew 4J local option levy
- 4J School District hosts annual elementary showcase
- Parents, students blast 4J schedule proposal
- 4J District releases new proposed school schedules
- 4J Board Members review final proposed schedule