WILLAMETTE NATIONAL FOREST, Ore. --- Fire crews are working to contain the Beachie Creek Fire in the Detroit Ranger District Sunday night.
The Beachie Creek Fire is approximately five acres and has potential to spread. The U.S. Forest Service is working on an official closure order that will limit access to roads, trails and developed rec sites to preserve the safety of visitors and give firefighters space to respond to the fire.
The closure is anticipated to include the following roads:
• Forest Service Road 2209 from Forest Boundary to terminus.
• Forest Service Road 2223 from Oregon State Highway 22 to terminus.
• Forest Service Road 2207.
• Forest Service Road 2225 including spur 458.
• Forest Service Road 4697.
The closure is anticipated to include the following trails:
• Battle Ax Creek Trail #3339
• Battle Ax Mountain Trail #3340
• Beachie Trail #3341
• Henline Falls Trail #3348
• French Creek Trail #3349
• Henline Mountain Trail #3352
• Battle Ax Tie trail #3353
• Nasty Rock Trail #3356
• Ogle Mountain Trail #3357
• Opal Lake Trail #3372
• Whetstone Mountain Trail #3369
• Opal Creek Trail #4187
• Bagby Trail (#544 & #544A) – n.b. this trail is on the Mt. Hood National Forest. The closure begins just south of Bagby Hot Springs.
• Whetstone Trail (#546) – n.b. this trail is on the Mt. Hood National Forest
This closure is anticipated to include the following developed rec sites:
• Three Pools
• Jawbone Flats
• Opal Creek
This closure is anticipated to include the following campgrounds:
• Shady Cove Campground
• Elk Lake Campground
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Visitors are reminded that traffic will be heavy in the Highway 22 corridor and are asked to drive carefully.