Photo Gallery 2 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- A 74-year-old woman pleaded guilty to first-degree manslaughter on Tuesday.
Carolyn Sue Stickley was charged with murder in the February 2017, shooting death of her ex-husband Erwin Drake. The shooting happened in Florence. As part of a plea agreement, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison, to be followed by three years of post-prison supervision.
During the sentencing hearing in Lane County Circuit Court, Stickley said she "snapped" when the incident occurred. Scott Howell, Stickley's defense attorney, said Stickley wants to utilize her time in prison as an opportunity to help others and to make amends.
Robert Lane, the assistant district attorney prosecuting the case, said he was satisfied with the sentence.
- 74-year-old woman pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Woman pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Man pleads guilty to manslaughter of Springfield man
- Bend murder suspect pleads guilty
- Man suspected of manslaughter after woman killed on date
- Mapleton woman pleads not guilty to animal neglect
- Oregon woman pleads guilty to visa fraud, forced labor
- Woman who accused man of road rage attack pleads guilty
- Homeless man pleads guilty in death of Portland woman
- Washington woman who shoved friend off bridge pleads guilty