Photo Gallery 4 Images
CRESWELL, Ore. - A woman is facing animal neglect charges near Creswell after Lane County Animal Services seized eight horses.
The owner, Genni Walker, was cited for eight counts of animal neglect in the second degree. County officials said the horses didn't have enough food to maintain a healthy body weight.
The horses, one eight-month-old filly and seven adult animals, will remain in the care of the county until there is a ruling regarding the citations by the Lane County Justice Court.
The horses will be evaluated by a veterinarian and housed with a rescue agency equipped to care for large animals.
- Eight horses seized from Lane County property
- Linn County seizes 34 horses from property outside Lebanon
- 83 horses seized in Deschutes County
- Lane County property tax statements available online
- Twenty-six properties available at the Lane County Property Auction
- More dead horses found at Linn County property
- Woman says squatters at Lane County property costing her thousands
- Dozens of dogs seized from property in La Pine
- Lane County strike looms
- Community steps up to help hundreds of cats on Lane County property