EUGENE, Ore. – An elderly woman was killed after being hit by a truck in a Bi-Mart parking lot.
The crash happened on the afternoon of Nov. 8 at 2030 River Road.
Eugene police said Dorothy Benson, 82, was hit by a pickup truck driving through the parking lot at a low speed. But Benson fell backward, hitting her head on the pavement.
She was taken to a hospital and later died.
The Eugene Police Department Major Collision Investigation team responded.
Police said the driver cooperated with the investigation, and impairment did not play a role.
- Woman struck and killed in Eugene parking lot
- Eugene Airport opens new economy parking lot
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- Woman found dead, struck by train in Eugene
- Temporary parking lot rolling out in downtown Eugene
- Body found in Eugene police headquarters parking lot
- Eugene conducting parking survey
- Man shot, killed by Hillsboro police in parking lot identified
- Woman accused of running brother over in parking lot
- Woman arrested in garden center parking lot for stealing van