Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- Humble Bagel in Eugene is closing, and owner Glen Thomas says the decision did not come easy.
The bagel shop has been in business for about 40 years. The restaurant originally opened in 1977, and Thomas started working at the shop in 1982. In 2014, Thomas became the owner.
Thomas said times have been tough, especially the last couple years.
This week staff has spent time saying their goodbyes to long-time customers.
- Popular Eugene bagel shop closing after 40 years
- Residents demand changes at popular Eugene intersection
- Gunman robs Eugene vape shop
- Eugene barber shop frustrated over broken windows
- Eugene ski shop sees spike in business
- Eugene flower shop 'Petals it Forward'
- Parents meet with 4J superintendent over bagels and coffee
- Downtown Eugene survey closes soon
- Shelton Turnbull closes after more than 90 years in Eugene
- Fire forces Eugene barbecue restaurant to close