SPRINGFIELD, Ore -- Springfield Police is investigating a fatal crash after a driver struck and killed a pedestrian Thursday evening.
This happened at 7:53 p.m. Thursday near the corner of South 63rd and Main streets. Police said a 63-year-old Springfield man pushing a wheelchair was wearing dark clothes when he crossed Main Street. That's when he was hit by a car.
Witnesses said a bystander performed CPR on the man while waiting for emergency crews to arrive. Police said the driver also helped render aid.
He was taken to the hospital but later died from his injuries. Springfield police have tentatively identified the man but have not released his name yet. They said the man didn't have a permanent address.
Police say the 20-year-old driver is cooperating with police. If you witnessed the accident or have any information contact Springfield Police at 541-726-3714.
- Pedestrian hit and killed by driver in Springfield
- Pedestrian hit and killed in Albany
- Vandals hit Springfield neighborhood
- Pedestrian hit by car on Royal Ave
- Pedestrian struck by vehicle on Centennial Boulevard in Springfield
- Ledbetter sentenced for Springfield killing
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Corvallis
- Train kills pedestrian in downtown Eugene
- Driver dies in crash in Springfield
- Hit and run driver kills a Eugene Police K-9