SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- An abandoned building appears to be a total loss after a massive fire overnight. The building is on Deadmond Ferry Road, sharing a property with the Rawlin Memory Care Community.
This is the second abandoned building to catch fire this week in the Eugene/Springfield area. And it appears that, yet again, squatters could be to blame.
After Wednesday night's fire, nearby residents at the memory care facility said they've dealt with problems in the past associated with squatters in the area.
- Abandoned Springfield house burns overnight
- Springfield City Council to discuss overnight parking program
- Two men rescue Springfield family from burning apartment
- Terwilliger Fire east of Springfield burning more than 1,200 acres
- Remains in burned home identified as former Springfield man
- Springfield house fire prompts warning from firefighters
- California abandons plan to tax text messages
- Abandoned Lebanon building saved from fire
- Sunken fishing boat abandoned in Reedsport
- Abandoned RVs costing tow truck drivers thousands