EUGENE, Ore. -- A fraternity at the University of Oregon has been placed on temporary suspension while allegations of hazing are being investigated.
A university spokesperson said Alpha Epsilon Pi was issued the suspension notice on April 9.
Alpha Epsilon Pi National Headquarters spokesman Jon Pierce said they learned of the suspension on April 10 but said he does not know the details surrounding the allegations.
Pierce said hazing is not tolerated in any form by the fraternity.
The university said the emergency action was taken to ensure the health and safety of the university community, which is standard operating procedure.
- Alpha Epsilon Pi on temporary suspension follows hazing allegations
- Forest Service hiring temporary workers for 2019
- Skateworld opens temporary location at US Sportsplex
- Corvallis daytime drop-in center finds temporary home
- Shutdown to force temporary closure of Joshua Tree National Park
- Eugene officials propose temporary homeless shelter at old city hall lot
- Eugene City Council votes to move forward with temporary homeless camp
- Tweets allege racial controversy at OSU
- Water district manager arrested for alleged embezzlement