EUGENE, Ore. -- Amazon Parkway will be closed for road work starting Monday, and drivers will need to take a detour, city officials said.
The road will be closed between 19th and 24th avenues in Eugene for infrastructure work at the old Civic Stadium site, and city officials said the closure could last until Feb. 7. Crews will remove the road, move sewer lines and remove the pedestrian crossing over the parkway.
As part of the permit to build the new Civic Park, the Eugene Civic Alliance will build a new, street-level crossing before it opens its buildings to the public, officials said.
Drivers headed northbound will need to turn west onto East 24th Avenue and north onto Willamette Street. Southbound traffic will need to turn east onto East 18th Avenue and south onto Patterson Street. Officials said 19th Avenue will remain open.
Amazon Path will remain open during the construction for people walking and biking in the area.
- Amazon Parkway closure starts Monday in Eugene
- I-105 traffic changes, lane closures start Monday
- CLOSURES & DELAYS: Monday, March 4
- Traffic Alert: Eugene Marathon road closures
- Eugene starts Franklin Boulevard redesign
- Marathon Monday: Eugene Has Heart
- Home Instead assisting Eugene families and caregivers after closure
- Leaf pickup starts this weekend in Eugene
- Body found in Amazon Creek in west Eugene
- Eugene reduces speed limit on East and West Amazon drives