EUGENE, Ore. -- The season of giving just went to a whole new level, after the Eugene YMCA received an anonymous donation of $100,000.
Dave Perez, the CEO of Eugene Family YMCA, said the donation was received earlier this week.
The money will go towards the capital campaign to raise $26 million dollars for a new two-story 65,000 square foot facility. It will be located at the former Roosevelt Middle School on 24th Avenue and Hilyard Street.
Perez said they are grateful for the generous donation.
"That kind of donation, that kind of support, I think validates the work we're doing with kids and families and seniors all over this place,” said Perez.
He said there is no time table for when construction on the new facility will start.
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to Eugene YMCA
- Hermiston man wins over $100,000 playing Keno
- Boxcar Fire burns nearly 100,000 acres
- YMCA holds their annual Silent Saturday
- Anonymous $10K donation put in Salvation Army kettle
- Union calls for investigation into South Lane superintendent, anonymous letter
- Nearly $100,000 will bring more CTE programs to Douglas County
- Oregon Community Foundation grants $100,000 for Roseburg Library
- Harlem Globetrotters spread smiles by visiting children at Riverbend, YMCA
- South Douglas County YMCA to hold water safety day