EUGENE, Ore. -- The season of giving just went to a whole new level, after the Eugene YMCA received an anonymous donation of $100,000.
Dave Perez, the CEO of Eugene Family YMCA, said the donation was received earlier this week.
The money will go towards the capital campaign to raise $26 million dollars for a new two-story 65,000 square foot facility. It will be located at the former Roosevelt Middle School on 24th Avenue and Hilyard Street.
Perez said they are grateful for the generous donation.
"That kind of donation, that kind of support, I think validates the work we're doing with kids and families and seniors all over this place,” said Perez.
He said there is no time table for when construction on the new facility will start.
- Anonymous donor gives $100,000 to Eugene YMCA
- Eugene YMCA CEO camps out on roof
- Eugene Family YMCA holds school supply drive
- Eugene Family YMCA receives $4 million gift
- GOP walkout threatens funding for new YMCA building in Eugene
- Lane Bloodworks seeking platelet donors
- Hermiston man wins over $100,000 playing Keno
- Boxcar Fire burns nearly 100,000 acres
- YMCA holds their annual Silent Saturday
- Alleged drunk driver crashes into Roseburg YMCA