BREAKING NEWS: Springfield homes destroyed by fire as reports of shooter pin down crews Full Story
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Camping stove blamed for apartment explosion in Eugene

The blast blew the doors off a unit at Valley River Court Apartments.

Posted: Jul. 13, 2018 12:04 AM
Updated: Jul. 13, 2018 9:45 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- An explosion inside an apartment blew the doors off of one unit and frightened dozens of residents on Thursday night -- the apparent result of an ill-placed camping stove.

The incident happened at Valley River Court Apartments on Good Pasture Loop. KEZI 9 News reporter Michael Sevren, who lives nearby, says the blast rang out just before 10 p.m.

Sevren interviewed one of the unit's occupants, who said a backpacking stove was left near a hot oven.

No injuries were reported.

Article Comments

Eugene
Clear
40° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 40°
Corvallis
Clear
37° wxIcon
Hi: 78° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 37°
Roseburg
Clear
44° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 44°
North Bend
Clear
54° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 54°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events