EUGENE, Ore. -- University of Oregon and Eugene police were called out to the area of 17th Avenue and Alder Alley around 10 p.m. Thursday for a report of an armed robbery.
The victims, an 18-year-old woman and a 21-year-old man, reported parking their vehicle and said they saw a man across the street talking on a cell phone.
As the victims finished unloading their car and started to walk away, the man called to them. When they turned around, the man robbed them of their purse and wallet at gunpoint before he fled.
Police brought in a K-9 unit to search the area, but the man has not been found.
The couple described the suspect as a black man in his early 20s and 5 feet 9 inches tall with a heavy build. Police said he was last seen wearing all-black clothing and a dark-colored bandanna over his face.
Neither of the victims are students at the University of Oregon, but UOPD did assist the Eugene Police Department.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Armed robbery reported on 17th and Alder in Eugene
- Neighbors shaken after 5th armed robbery reported in Eugene
- Police investigating multiple armed robberies in Eugene
- Armed robbery suspects sought
- Eugene robbery spree continues
- Police seek suspects in armed robberies in Eugene
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Econolodge
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after rollover crash
- Woman who died in crash was suspect in Eugene armed robberies