EUGENE, Ore. -- Two men were arrested Sunday evening after a shooting in a Eugene neighborhood, police said.
Eugene police arrested Brian McCollom, 37, and James Davidson, 36, for unlawful use of a weapon after responding to a report of an armed suspect near the 700 block of West 11th Avenue after 7:30 p.m.
Police observed a suspect shooting a pump-action shotgun in a residential area. Multiple units responded, and an armored vehicle was on scene to maximize safety.
Residents received a public safety alert to shelter in place.
Officers used a public address system and sirens in an attempt to make contact. One man emerged soon after and another fled back inside. After repeated attempts to make contact, the second man surrendered.
Officers located numerous discharged shotgun shells at the scene.
- Suspects arrested after shooting in Eugene neighborhood
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Stabbing suspect arrested in Eugene
- Eugene neighborhood upset over offensive graffiti
- Eugene neighborhood giving 'treats' for a decade
- Police investigating death in Eugene neighborhood
- Deputies identify suspect in Eugene shooting
- Portland murder suspect arrested in Eugene
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday