Photo Gallery 3 Images
SALEM, Ore. -- Over 100 arts organizations all over the state will have bigger budgets next year -- including some in the Willamette Valley.
These organizations will share $1,031,593 in Operating Support Grants from the Oregon Arts Commission.
The grants are available to nonprofit organizations with arts at the core of their mission -- and budgets over $150,000.
Several organizations in Lane County will be awarded grant money:
- The Cottage Theatre in Cottage Grove was awarded $3,357.
- The Corvallis Youth Symphony Association was awarded $4,308.
- The Eugene Symphony Association was awarded $19,328.
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art in Eugene was awarded $10,885.
“We often hear that these are the most important grants we award," Arts Commission Chair Christopher Acebo said. "They alleviate some of the economic pressure and allow Oregon arts organizations to focus on their missions."
Organizations with budgets under $150,000 are eligible to apply for small operating grants.
- Oregon arts organizations to share over $1M in support grants
- Western Oregon arts programs receive grant funding
- Oregon widow sues dead husband's alleged lover for $1M
- Lane Arts Council receives $10,000 learning grant
- Oregon lawmaker shares concerns over mailed ballots
- Judge's ruling supports Oregon school's transgender policy
- Grants continue to transform Oregon school lunches
- Coconut Smiles Organic Recall
- Springfield organization aims to help Oregon vets cover ambulance costs
- Nike's Phil Knight gives another $1M to Buehler campaign