EUGENE, Ore. -- Eugene police responded to an attempted robbery and reports of gunshots at McKenna Estates around 10 p.m. Monday.
At about 11:30 p.m., a viewer said police blocked off areas of the apartment complex.
Police said two men tried to rob another man, assaulting him in the process. The victim is currently recovering at a local hospital from non-life-threatening injuries.
The two men were last seen jumping the fence into Ducks Village.
Authorities said they believe the incident stemmed from a drug deal or some sort of sale gone wrong.
Police urge anyone with additional information to contact them.
- Assault, robbery attempt likely drug deal gone wrong, police say
- FBI, Cottage Grove police seek attempted robbery suspect
- Eugene police search for suspect in attempted assault
- Tenmile man accused of attempted sexual assault
- Manager, customer stop attempted robbery at Springfield McDonald's
- Eugene police investigate cafe robbery
- Police arrested bank robbery suspect
- Corvallis assault victim taken off life support; suspect attempts suicide
- Eugene police arrest assault suspect
- Eugene Police seek tips on attempted carjacking, attempted kidnapping incidents