BEND, Ore. (AP) -- Autopsy results indicate that a filmmaker who was punched while hiking with his dog outside Bend died of natural causes and not from the assault.
The Bulletin reports 69-year-old Clemens Schenk died in late July, leading authorities to investigate if the death was connected to the assault in mid-May.
Deschutes County District Attorney John Hummel says the state medical examiner's office determined Schenk's death was from a burst aneurysm in his brain and not related to the assault.
Schenk was hit in the head by a man while walking his dog off-leash. He died two month later after his health quickly declined.
- Autopsy: Man punched on Bend trail died of natural causes
- Autopsy: Bend woman was homicide victim
- Missing Missouri man dies in crash in North Bend
- Bend man arrested on child pornography charges
- Man interrupts Stormy Daniels' Bend performance
- Missing North Bend man found dead
- Man accused of punching Sizzle Pie employee
- Woman dies in two-vehicle crash near North Bend
- Autopsy: Man shot 9 times by campus police in Portland
- Autopsy clears Salem police in death of man during arrest