Photo Gallery 5 Images
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Ore. -- Fire crews responded to Oakhill Road near Roseburg Wednesday night, finding a barn engulfed in flames.
Burn barrels left unattended a few feet away from the building are believed to have started the fire, Douglas County Fire District No. 2 officials said.
The Winchester crew was first on scene at 541 Oakhill Road at about 6:20 p.m., and the fire was brought under control shortly after additional crews arrived, officials said.
The barn was declared a total loss, and a vehicle parked near the building was also damaged.
Fire officials said when burning yard debris piles, they must be at least 50 feet away from any structure, a water source must be available and burn piles need to be attended.
- Barn a total loss after fire near Roseburg
- Soccer shed a total loss after fire
- RV total loss after fire breaks out in Eugene
- Attic fire displaces Roseburg family
- Roseburg house fire started in fireplace
- Roseburg Fire Department temporarily relocating 2 stations
- Five survive a duplex fire in Roseburg
- Roseburg Fire Station on Harvard relocates temporarily
- 76-year-old Roseburg woman killed in fire
- Roseburg Fire trains at vacant Safeway building