Photo Gallery 13 Images
Eugene, OR -- Oregon baseball came up short to No. 1 UCLA on Thursday, 4-2.
UCLA's Michael Toglia's two-run home run off Ryne Nelson in the eighth inning broke a 2-2 tie.
The Ducks were shut down the rest of the way.
Robert Ahlstrom put together a solid outing despite the loss. Ahlstrom went innings allowing three runs while striking out nine.
Spencer Steer's RBI single in the third inning gave the third baseman a program record 57 RBI's this season.
The loss drops the Ducks to 27-28 overall and 10-18 in Pac-12 play.
Oregon State falls in their series opener to USC, 2-0.
The Beavers only tallied three hits against USC starter John Beller.
Andy Armstrong was the only Beaver player with multiple hits going 2-3 with a double.
OSU's starter Bryce Fehmel suffered his third loss of the season after allowing two unearned runs in 6.1 innings of work.
The Beavers fall to 35-17-1 overall and 20-7 in conference play.
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop home games
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks, Beavs drop road games
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks come up short
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both fall
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks get swept
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks sweep doubleheader
- Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs suffer road losses
- Baseball Roundup: Beavs, Ducks both victorious on Saturday
- Baseball Roundup: Ducks earn win, Beavs rained out
- Women's Hoops Roundup: Ducks, Beavs win at home