BENTON COUNTY, Ore. -- A long-time Benton County Public Works employee is dead after a piece of road construction equipment rolled over on Friday.
The Benton County Sheriff's Office said deputies, Monroe Fire and Corvallis Fire responded to the Hells Canyon area at about 12:30 p.m.
Authorities called it a "devastating loss" and said their thoughts and prayers go out to the equipment operator's family and fellow county employees.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Benton County employee dies in equipment rollover
- Coquille man dies in rollover crash
- Benton County ballots mailed out
- 77-year-old man dies in rollover crash near Alsea River
- One dead in Benton County crash
- Every Child launches in Benton County
- New dispatch system expanding to Benton County
- New scam targets restaurants in Benton County
- Second death shakes Benton County Sheriff's Office
- Benton County Sheriff's Office remembers fallen deputies