CORVALLIS, Ore. -- A convicted felon was let out of jail due to overcrowding, according to the Benton County Sheriff's Office.
William Johnson was released on November 30. Benton County deputies said Johnson was arrested on multiple drug charges as well as weapon and vehicle violations.
Deputies said Johnson was arrested with two other suspects.
They said after being booked, Johnson was released with a court date.
- Benton County inmate released from jail due to overcrowding
- Lane County Jail releasing fewer inmates early
- Benton County declares local emergency due to flooding
- Benton County ballots mailed out
- Deputies investigate inmate death at Lane County Jail
- One dead in Benton County crash
- Every Child launches in Benton County
- New dispatch system expanding to Benton County
- New scam targets restaurants in Benton County
- Second death shakes Benton County Sheriff's Office