SALEM, Ore. (AP) -- A bicyclist has died after being hit by an Amtrak train in Salem.
KOIN reports the man was struck Thursday evening and died at the scene.
Officials said there are railroad crossing arms at that intersection and they were functioning at the time. Salem police and fire department are investigating.
- Bicyclist killed when struck by Amtrak train in Salem
- Salem woman struck and killed on freeway
- A man was killed after he was struck by an Amtrak train
- Albany man struck and killed by train
- Two rail advocates killed in Amtrak train derailment
- Amtrak train was speeding significantly before crash
- Expert weighs in on Amtrak train derailment
- Proposal would add more Amtrak trains
- Stranded Amtrak train passengers arrive in Eugene
- Pedestrian struck and killed by train in Junction City