Eugene, ORE. -- BMX riders of all ages gathered at Emerald Valley BMX for its Bike Swap Meet & BBQ event.
The event benefits a fund for Zane (15) and Sage (13) Bader to represent Team USA in the BMX World Championships in Belgium this July 23 to 28. Their youngest brother Ace (11) was close to qualifying as well.
"It's kind of actually cool because we did a lot of work to get a ton of raffle prizes," Zane said. "We had a ton of companies help us out. So it's kind of cool to see the work paying off and to know that people care and support us and stuff."
Riders and families were able to enjoy racing, food and raffles.
Numerous local businesses were in attendance to support the event by donating items for raffle prizes.
Most vendors and local businesses were contacted by the Bader Brothers themselves.
"It's going to help us in the future," Sade said. "BMX teaches you so much more than just riding your bike, how to control your emotions, how to push yourself."
- Bike Swap Meet benefits Bader Brothers
- Bader Brothers take BMX by storm
- Seed Swap and Plant Share held in Eugene Saturday
- Special Report: Bait Bikes
- Eugene and Lane County get approval from judge for land swap
- Judge gives go-ahead on land swap, but deal not official yet
- Small bike shops raise concerns about Eugene bike share program
- New state taxes on bikes
- Eugene bike share station vandalized
- Springfield students enjoy bike rodeo