Photo Gallery 1 Images
EUGENE, Ore. -- The parking lot at Eugene Police Department headquarters on Country Club Road has reopened after a body was found there early Monday morning.
Eugene police conducted a death investigation and reopened the parking lot at about 8 a.m.
Police said it appeared that the 71-year-old man died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. They said there did not appear to be any indication of foul play. Authorities said he arrived by taxi in the early morning hours and was found by a paper delivery driver just before 5 a.m.
Just before 6 a.m. Monday, police were advising the public to avoid the parking lot, which was blocked off with caution tape. Employees were asked to use alternate entrances while police were investigating.
- Body found in Eugene police headquarters parking lot
- Eugene Airport opens new economy parking lot
- Woman's body found in Eugene alley
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Temporary parking lot rolling out in downtown Eugene
- Woman struck and killed in Eugene parking lot
- Woman kidnapped in Target parking lot has been found
- Eugene conducting parking survey
- Body found in Amazon Creek in west Eugene
- Police identify female victim in parking lot death