ALOHA, Ore. -- A woman's body was found decapitated, dismembered and stuffed into two suitcases in the trunk of a BMW in Washington County, The Oregonian/OregonLive reports.
The Washington County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as 28-year-old Sara Zghoul of Aloha.
Police tracked a suspect in the woman's death to a ravine, where he reportedly tried to kill himself but was unsuccessful. Officers took him into custody Thursday night.
Earlier that night, the sheriff's office first received the call about a body in a car near Southwest Sarala and Hargis Road, said Deputy Jeff Talbot. They found Zghoul's body in the trunk.
Talbot said there was no danger to the public.
The name of the suspect has not yet been released.
- Body found dismembered in suitcases in Aloha
- Missing Aloha teen found dead in Portland park
- 18 people arrested in Aloha police sting
- Murder suspect identified in Aloha dismemberment case
- Woman's body found in Eugene alley
- Woman's body found in Oregon hotel room
- Body found floating in Amazon Creek
- Body found in Amazon Canal identified
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls