GOLD BEACH, Ore. (AP) - Authorities said hikers found the body of a Portland woman who had been reported missing earlier this month.
The Curry County Sheriff's Office says hikers called 911 Sunday to report a body in the water about 10 miles east of Brookings in Emily Creek off the Chetco River.
Deputies and sheriff's search and rescue responded, finding the body submerged against a log.
The sheriff's office said authorities determined the victim was a woman in her 20s and using fingerprints they later determined the body was that of Michella Craft.
Deputies also found clothing and camping items nearby believed to belong to her.
According to the sheriff's office her mother reported Craft missing May 17.
The Curry County Medical Examiner will determine her cause of death.
The sheriff's office is investigating.
- Body of missing woman found near Brookings
- Body found in McKenzie River identified as missing woman
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River
- Body Found Identified as Missing Woman Kendall Smith
- Authorities believe body found in Dayton is missing woman
- Body of missing teen found on coast
- Missing hiker's body found at Toketee Falls
- Body of missing Coos County man found
- Body of missing man has been found
- Missing woman found Wednesday night