Photo Gallery 1 Images
LA PINE, Ore. (AP) - Authorities evacuated homes in the path of a fast-moving brush fire in central Oregon that destroyed one home.
The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office said the fire started north of La Pine Wednesday afternoon.
The sheriff's office ordered mandatory evacuations for all residences on several roads in the Lazy River Subdivision before the fire's progress was halted later in the afternoon.
Mandatory evacuations earlier in the day had been lowered to the "be ready" level by Wednesday night.
Sgt. William Bailey said the fire was mapped at nearly 12 acres and that no injuries were reported.
The fire's cause is under investigation.
- Fire near La Pine prompts evacuations, destroys a home
- Wildfire in Washington state prompts mandatory evacuations
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Fire destroys Eugene mobile home
- Springfield home destroyed by fire
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Fire destroys home in Sutherlin
- Homes, structures destroyed by fire near Dorena
- Early morning fire destroys Eugene home
- Early morning fire destroys home in Eugene