EUGENE, Ore. -- The man who died after being hit by a car on Interstate 105 Wednesday night was a suspect in an assault and burglary, police said.
Police said the man, whose name has not been released, was running from authorities at the time of the crash.
Police said they responded to a report of an assault on Fairway Loop at about 11:30 p.m. and a second call reported a burglary at Holt International, 250 Country Club Road. An employee was assaulted during the burglary.
The suspect destroyed property, left the building and stole a bike, police said. He left the bike and ran across I-105 when he was hit.
The driver was not speeding or impaired, and no charges will be filed.
- Burglary suspect killed in I-105 crash in Eugene
- I-105 construction causing major delays in Eugene
- Crash backs up traffic on I-105 in Eugene
- Police identify 17-year-old killed on I-105
- Son of woman killed in I-105 crash speaks out
- Police seek witnesses to fatal I-105 crash
- Cars located in fatal I-105 crash
- Construction work continues on I-105
- Semi flips on I-105 ramp near downtown Eugene
- Burglary suspect arrested in west Eugene Wednesday