EUGENE, Ore. -- Restaurant owners and bar employees are reacting after Gov. Kate Brown signed an executive order limiting restaurants and bars to takeout and delivery only.
The limits goes into effect on Tuesday.
Chris Novara, the owner of Buddy's Diner, said they had already seen a 30% drop in sales before the governor announced the ban.
He said he's started cutting the hours of all his employees as evenly as he can. He said they're working on expanding their take-out service by adding another phone line.
"We do support, as much as we can, closing and helping contribute to not exposing people," Novara said.
A bartender at the Side Bar said when they first heard about the ban, her co-workers started to cry. She said many of them live paycheck to paycheck.
Manager Dallas Johnson said business has also started to slow. He said they're looking at doing takeout for food and also delivery.
"Just to figure out a way to get food to them and also at the same time trying not to waste our products," Johnson said.
The bartender said while they're facing last call, she's hoping her and co-workers get through this together.