ALBANY, Ore. – Officials with Greater Albany Public School are reporting a COVID-19 outbreak on Friday.
Additional cases have been reported at South Albany High School related to a previously announced case.
District officials also added a positive COVID-19 case has been identified at Periwinkle Elementary School.
Additional information about these cases will not be released in order to protect the individuals’ privacy, the district said.
The schools are working with Benton and Linn counties’ public health officials to respond to the cases.
Below are steps the district has taken:
- Rapid identification and notification of close contacts (those in the infected person’s presence, closer than six feet for 15 minutes or more)
- Closure of rooms and spaces where the infected person has been on campus
- Deep cleaning of those rooms and spaces
- Staff members and students who have been exposed will be asked to quarantine themselves, at the direction of Public Health
- The exposed cohort will be paused for the 14-day quarantine period