Camper in truck bed catches fire in Toxic Wings parking lot

The owner of the truck and camper said he didn't realize his camper was on fire until he parked his truck.

Posted: Apr. 23, 2019 11:27 PM
Updated: Apr. 24, 2019 10:04 AM

EUGENE, Ore. -- The owner of a truck and camper said he believes a propane stove set his camper on fire on Tuesday night.

The owner, who wouldn't speak on camera, said he was driving on West 11th Avenue in Eugene when he pulled into the parking lot of Toxic Wings.

He said it was then that he realized his camper was on fire.

The man said he believes he left his propane stove on in his camper, causing the fire.

A Fire Marshal has been called out to investigate the incident.

Fire officials said the wooden fence around the business' parking lot caught fire and there was minor exterior damage to the neighboring business.

Officials said no one was injured in the fire.

Article Comments

Eugene
Broken Clouds
63° wxIcon
Hi: 63° Lo: 46°
Feels Like: 63°
Corvallis
Few Clouds
63° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 44°
Feels Like: 63°
Roseburg
Overcast
62° wxIcon
Hi: 64° Lo: 43°
Feels Like: 62°
North Bend
Clear
60° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 60°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events

 

  

  

  Enter Contests